Senior Consultant (Director)
We help business and government leaders see a clear way forward.
Taylor Fry’s actuarial and analytics consultants support our clients in making strategic decisions to enhance the financial health of their organisations, and benefit communities, people and society.
We are creative problem solvers – from physicists and engineers to mathematicians and computer scientists. This variety strengthens our advice to meet the needs of our clients and their customers.
Our innovations have led to changes in government policy in Australia and New Zealand, and continue to break new ground, particularly in the social sector. Qantas liked our approaches in analytics so much, it bought a 51 per cent stake in our business in 2015.
About the opportunity
We’re seeking an experienced senior consultant with advanced analytics/data science capabilities, who can lead projects and support business development in our Melbourne office.
This is a multi-faceted role, where you’ll lead, do and sell the work. This means you’ll not only manage the entire life cycle of projects but also take part in the technical day-to-day work, using your advanced analytics skills. In addition, you’ll actively manage client relationships, working closely with our senior consultants to identify and pursue new opportunities in the local market.
Our analytics practice uses the latest statistics, machine learning and data science research and techniques to help our clients make the most of their data and realise value for their businesses. The team covers a broad range of projects, which provides our clients with insights to improve performance. This includes areas such as personalised marketing, insurance pricing, resource optimisation, and people analytics.
As a senior member of our Analytics team, your deep technical skills will underpin your role managing client needs and enquiries, providing strategic advice, and communicating results and insights. You’ll be a strong leader who can supervise effectively, developing a team of consultants to ensure the successful completion of projects within set timelines and budgets.
You enjoy being part of and contributing to a supportive working environment, recognising the value each person brings. A creative thinker with a keen commercial sense, you’ll have at least eight years’ experience working in an analytics-focused role in either the corporate or government sectors.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have the following skills and attributes:
- Deep understanding of predictive modelling, statistics and/or machine learning and scripting languages such as SAS, R, Python and other relevant languages
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex technical data with high attention to detail
- Experience leading large projects or streams of work
- Experience leading people and an enthusiasm for supervising and training team members
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to assimilate information quickly and handle multiple priorities under pressure or within tight timeframes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients and diverse stakeholder audiences
- Ability to focus on the client and take the time to form deep client relationships, listen to client needs and provide advice and solutions that meet their objectives
- A passion for making a difference using data.
About our culture
Our firm was established so staff would be recognised for their individual value and rewarded for collaboration. We nurture our employees’ interests, and support their growth and development. We’re known for doing great work, and for doing work that breaks new ground. Our people particularly love immersing themselves in the technical detail.
Taking an active interest in our people and their careers, we promote work practices that support wellbeing, mental wellness and work/life balance. We offer a range of benefits, such as flexible work hours, remote working, life and salary protection insurance, 12 weeks’ paid parental leave, bonuses based on profit share, and many social activities.
For more information about us visit our website: www.taylorfry.com.au.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the HR Manager.